How much money do truck drivers make?
That is one of the most asked questions and I have written about it here.
If that is your question and were attracted by the title of this post, I'm glad you are here.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, I'm going to let truck driver Red Viking help to give you the answer with real numbers.
As you listen to him, pay attention to what he says.
Here are a few things you should pay attention to and think about.
1. Before becoming a truck driver, he did his research and knew what to expect. He then had a conversation with his wife about how he was ready to hustle.
He knew it meant he was going to be away from home for a number of days f he was to make good money.
2. Having been in the military and in business for himself, he has a good work ethic. He is not the kind of truck driver who just hopes to make a lot of money doing the least amount of work.
3. He has goals and expectations and, he is constantly watching them to see if he is on track.
4. He communicated with his manager right from the very beginning and made it clear that he was a hard worker. (When a driver manager/trucking company gets such a driver, it's like a dream come true.)
5. When he seeks for advice, he pays attention to more than what people tell him. He knows that things like experience, background, work ethics, etc have a role to play in one's success too.
6. Even though he is a company driver, his mindset isn't that of an employee. He knows that it takes hard work to get to where he wants to be.